Truly successful people embrace more than just a paycheck, trophy bod or executive career. A successful style includes complete wellness and we’ve scoured the web to include the health and fitness habits of some of the world’s most successful people so you don’t have to.
“Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise”
1. Rise early. Business Insider recently completed in-depth interviews of the world’s most successful including CEOs, billionaires, philanthropists and individuals serving in public office. And what do they all have in common? Each and everyone of these successful women and men wake up before 6:30am, most between 4:30 am and 5am. It’s no surprise that the individuals doing the most in the world, get up the earliest. Condoleeza Rice wakes up at 4:30am everyday. Avon CEO Andrea Jung wakes up at 5:30am.
2. Work out. Exercise is about more than just losing weight. A healthy body means a healthy mind, but finding the time to work out is a major challenge. Actress Jenna Dewan Tatum did calf raises and lunges while rocking her newborn to shed 45 lbs of baby weight. Don’t let a busy schedule keep you from finding time for fitness.
3. Create a go-to menu. Highly successful people are busy and must plan their meals to ensure that they eat right. Tiffany Krumins, CEO of AVA the Elephant, combines six servings of fruits and vegetables into her morning smoothie. While you don’t have to eat the same thing for every meal, rotate a few favorite meals and snacks to stay on track. Find new healthy snacks with Bulu Box – you’re sure to discover a few to love.
4. Take time to restore. In addition to health and fitness activities, you’ll also need to incorporate time for balance. Attorney to the stars, Lisa Bloom sets aside time to read, which she calls “mental fitness for the mind.” Whether it’s making a rule to leave the office to have dinner with your family every night or setting aside “me-time.”
5. Eat breakfast. According to Forbes, one of the 5 Things Super Successful People Do Everyday is eat breakfast. Studies have shown that most people successful in their weight loss endeavors don’t skip breakfast, and that people who skip breakfast are more likely to overeat later in the day. If you can’t quite stomach a full meal, opt for a yogurt with almonds, protein shake or other balanced meal replacement option.
6. Eat less, more often. Successful, busy individuals don’t have time for leisurely meals, so they’ll usually eat less more often. Biggest Loser Winner, Ali Vincent, keeps her favorite health bars handy (shop her Bulu Box Curated Shop here) to avoid “the dreaded left turn” into a fast-food drive-thru when you are on the go. Keep small snacks and protein shake packets handy for on-the-go meals.
7. Sleep. If you do all of the above while simultaneously knocking sleep from your day, you’ll be sure to miss all the benefits. Arianna Huffington dedicated her entire TedX talk to sleep as the key to success. Sleep, sleep and make sure you get enough sleep.
When it all comes down to it, the things you choose to eat, the time you choose to wake up and a variety of other decisions are all your own. That’s why Bulu Box allows you try to a variety of healthy items and supplements to find what’s right for you before you make a commitment. Visit BuluBox.com to find the perfect complements to become the most successful you.