Recipe found at http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/french-potage-with-pistou/
This creamy soup is loaded with vegetables and herbs and is your must-have immunity booster to get you through this cold and flu season!
Potage Soup Ingredients
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 medium leeks, white and pale green parts chopped (4 cups)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (4 tsp.)
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and diced (2 cups)
- 4 medium carrots, chopped (3 cups)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup firmly packed basil leaves
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil
1. To make Potage: Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and pinch of salt; cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until leeks are softened, stirring often. Stir in wine and garlic, and cook, uncovered, 1 to 2 minutes, or until most liquid has evaporated.
2. Add potato, carrots, thyme, bay leaf, broth, and 2 cups water. Season with salt and pepper; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 30 minutes, or until potato and carrots are soft.
3. Remove thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Purée soup in blender or food processor, or with immersion blender, until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
4. To make Pesto: Place basil, walnuts, and garlic in blender. Pulse to combine. Pour in oil, and blend until smooth. Add water if necessary to form smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper. Serve dollop on top of Potage.
Makes 8 Servings
Per Serving: Calories: 199, Protein: 3 g, Total Fat: 12 g, Carbohydrates: 22 g