You have most likely heard of juicing. It has become quite popular over the last couple of years and for good reason. Fruit and vegetable juicing is a great way to get loads of nutrients.
Juicing is a powerful and economical way to enhance your health and wellness. Juicing is an easy way to consume vital nutrients. You don’t need anything but a quality juicer and your favorite fruits and vegetables and you’re ready to go.
What are the benefits of juicing?
Juicing has loads of health benefits. Here are a few of the benefits:
- Although you can get nutrients from eating fruits and vegetables, not everyone enjoys eating them. Juicing is a great way to get the benefits from foods like beets and kale, if you wouldn’t normally add them to your diet.
- For busy people, a juicer is a quick and easy way to get nutrients without a lot of preparation.
- Juices are easy to digest. Some vegetables can be difficult for your digestive system to break down. This means that you may not be absorbing all of the nutrients.
- It is a healthier alternative to store-bought juices. Most commercial juices are loaded with sugar and have little nutritional value.
How can I get started juicing?
Step 1: Purchase a quality juicer. You will find juicers at department and specialty stores or online. Prices range from as low as $40 on up to $400. You will want a good one, but you don’t need to spend a fortune. You can expect to spend between $60 to $120 for a juicer that will get the job done and not break down on you.
Step 2: Find some basic recipes. There are tons of books out there on juicing, and there are plenty of health and wellness websites that have some great recipes.
It may be tempting to start juicing with all fruits, however you will end up with a lot of sugar there. Adding veggies to your juice is the best way to start getting the nutritional benefits of juicing right away. Adding fruits like apples to your vegetable juice can help sweeten it up and make it tastier. Green juices are packed with vital nutrients. Here are some simple and tasty green juice recipes to get you started:
The Lean-Green Juice
- A couple of handfuls of spinach
- 3 kale leaves
- 3 celery stalks
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 fuji apples
- 1 cucumber
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup of pineapple
- 4 kale leaves
- 3 Swiss chard leaves
Can juicing help with weight loss and cleansing?
You bet! If you are looking to lose weight, juicing can help give your diet a nutritious jumpstart, especially when paired with cleansing. It is important when you diet to get the nutrients you need to stay healthy and keep your energy levels up.
Here Are A Couple Of Easy Recipes For Dieting And Cleansing:
Easy juice cleanse:
- 3 carrots
- 2 apples
- 1 inch of ginger
Great weight-loss juice:
- 1 beet
- 1 grapefruit
- 3 cucumbers
This should get you started. Juicing should be just one part of a balanced diet that includes protein and other healthy foods. When paired with exercise, juicing can help you lose weight while helping you to maintain your energy and overall health and wellness.