- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 large, ripe banana
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- In two clean bowls, separate the eggs carefully so none of the yolks gets into the egg whites. Beat the egg whites on high for 2 minutes until they form soft peaks.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the egg yolks and beat until smooth. Gently fold ⅓ of the egg white mixture into the banana mixture until roughly combined. Fold half of the remaining eggs whites into the mixture and finally the last portion until everything is well combined.
- Scoop ¼ c. of the mixture onto the skillet and cook for 60-90 seconds on each side.
- OPTIONAL: Top with fresh fruit, plain non-fat Greek yogurt or honey.
2. Homemade breakfast bars
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup mashed ripe banana (2 ripe)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Stir the oats, whole wheat flour, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the honey, mashed banana, oil and vanilla. Whisk in the egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry and stir until well combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips or blueberries. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Lay a piece of parchment on top (to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands) and firmly press the mixture down into the pan; remove and discard the piece of parchment.
- Bake in the oven for 32-35 minutes, until set and lightly golden. Let cool completely and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into bars.
- Store granola bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
3. Green Smoothie
- 1/2 cup soy or almond milk
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 generous handful of spinach (about 1 cup, packed)
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 frozen banana
- Put all ingredients into blender
- Blend until smooth