It’s that time of year Bulugans! The weather is getting colder, sweaters are making their way out of storage, and comfort foods are in the oven.
Along with wearing your favorite fall-time sweater, wouldn’t it be great to find a comfort food that benefited you more than the warm fuzzy feelings you get when you eat them?Sweet potatoes are not only jam-packed of beneficial vitamins and minerals, they also have twice as much fiber as regular potatoes and are low in calories. Try out this amazing mashed sweet potato recipe from Laa Loosh, that is not only vegetarian but also Bulu Crew approved!
Kale and Goat Cheese Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 lb sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 cup fat free buttermilk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot filled with water. Boil uncovered for 15 minutes or till they are very soft.
- Drain the sweet potatoes well and leave them in the colander.
- In the same pot, add the kale, goat cheese and buttermilk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer till the kale has just wilted. Add salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes to the hot kale and milk. Mash well. If the mashed sweet potato is too thick, add more milk to thin it out to your liking.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Serving size is about 3/4 cup
PER SERVING: 144 calories; 4.5g fat;19g carbohydrates; 8g protein;3g fiber