After all the holiday cookies, appetizers, and spirits, it’s no surprise that all of our jeans fit a bit tighter these days. But with New Year’s Eve just days away, how do you get those few extra holiday pounds off? No worries, Bulugans, we’ve compiled a list of tips that will help you de-bloat before the clock strikes midnight!
- Hydrate – Flush extra water weight out by drinking more water. Yes, this may seem like a contradiction, but once you start drinking more water it tells your body to get rid of all the water it has stored in your body.
- Avoid Salty Foods – If you have an eye on a sleek little black dress to wear out on the town, you may want to avoid those salty potato chips for a couple days before the big night out. Salt absorbs water in your body and causes your body to bloat.
- Fennel – This winter time produce is full of fiber and phytonutrient anethole, a powerful anti-inflammatory, that when teamed up, help regulate digestion and help flush your system.
- Vibrant Cleanse – Used for decades, The Lemonade Diet was originally used to rid the body of toxins from pollutants found in every day life. It has recently seen a jump in popularity due to it’s ability to jump start weight loss. Vibrant Cleanse is a must have for your post-holiday, pre-new years routine.
- Nettle Leaf – This plant not only boosts your digestive health by helping flush out toxins, but it also aids in reducing water retention. You can take it in capsule form or make it into a tea.
- Exercise– Even if it’s a brisk 20-30 minute walk, picking up a sweat will help not only get your metabolism up, but will also get your digestive track going to help rid the body of all the toxins.
Your Turn: Which method have you found successful when trying to de-bloat after the holiday season?