Vegan Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies from Never Homemaker
The holidays are over, but our craving for peppermint is certainly not (and for good reason!) Peppermint holds tons of health benefits ranging from reducing blemishes, relieving IBS symptoms to easing menstrual cramps and reducing stress and anxiety. These Vegan Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies from Never Homemaker are just what the doctor ordered to get this year started out right!
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cups wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips (OR crush up those extra candy canes for a festive spin!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the dry ingredients — flours, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat wet ingredients until smooth (oil, syrup, extracts).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. And mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, drop heaping tablespoons. Flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Store in refrigerator.
Serving Size: Makes 24 Cookies
Per Cookie: 107 Calories, 20g Carbs, 3g Fat, 2g Protein